Semantic Web Lab
Department of Maths and Computer Science
University of Cagliari
The Semantic Web Lab is mainly devoted to the design, analysis and experimentation of algorithms and systems involving Big structured and unstructured Data for the Web, such as knowledge graphs, massive textual data, web and source code repositories.
Our effort is particularly focused on automating or simplifying access to these resources with innovative query systems, such as Question Answering over Linked Data, Machine Reading, SPARQL extensions and our By-Example Structured Query approach.
- Maurizio Atzori - co-Director, Lead Researcher for Semantic Web, Lab founder
- Barbara Pes - Lead Researcher for Data Mining
- Diego Reforgiato - co-Director, Lead Researcher for Big Data
- Mattia Atzeni - Research Assistant, Student (LM) - CodeOntology
- Andrea Dessi - PhD Student (supervised by Maurizio Atzori)
- Danilo Dessì - PhD Student (supervised by Diego Reforgiato)
- Amna Dridi - PhD Student (supervised by Diego Reforgiato)
- Livio Pompianu - PhD Student (co-supervised by Maurizio Atzori)
- Simone Balloccu - Intern, Student (LM) - OKgraph
- Andrea Bellanti - Intern, Student (LM) - OKgraph
- Roberto Cocco - Intern, Student - QA3ML
- Matteo Porcu - Intern, Student - QA3
- Marco Taccori - Student
- Stefano Raimondo Usai - Student
- Enrico Medda - Student
- Sergio Consoli - External Collaborator (Philips Research, Eindhoven)
- Federica Muceli - Intern, Student (LM) - HTMLpedia
- Emanuele Mameli - Research Assistant
- Simone Barbieri - Research Assistant
- Julia Schmidt - Student (LM18)
- Riccardo Angius - Student
- Andrea Maxia - Student
- Gabriele Rota - Student
- Stefano Serra - Student
- Mattia Setzu - Intern
- Annalisa Congiu - Intern
- Flavia Murru - Intern, Student (LM)
- Daniele S. Ferru - Student (LM)
- Andrea Medda - Student (LM)
The Semantic Web Lab has a number of international ongoing collaborations, including those with the Web Information Systems Laboratory at the Scalable Analytics Institute (UCLA), and the STLab at ISTC (CNR).
In the following the list of some projects currently undertaken by our lab.
- OKgraph OKgraph: automatic learning and querying the Sardinian Open Knowledge Graph. Creating Knowledge Graphs from scratch, without human intervention. Founded by Regione Sardegna through Sardegna Ricerche.
- swipeQA Exploiting Structured Queries in Question Answering and Search. In collaboration with Prof. Carlo Zaniolo (UCLA), awarded by a Google Faculty Research Award.
- SWiPE Searching Wikipedia by Example, a user-friendly interface for structured queries
- Security Horizons A consortium of universities working on security and privacy issues (PRIN 2010-11 project)
- wfn Web of Functions, executable functions spread around the Web
- SPARQL4coding Massive dataset of Source code repositories that can be queried with SPARQL
- rankProperties a machine-learning approach to sort RDF properties on the fly
- runSPARQL Recursion and SPARQL macros within SPARQL engines
- woraSPARQL Write-One Run-Anywhere SPARQL Custom Functions plugin for OpenLink Virtuoso
- QA3 (QAcube) Question Answering over Statistical Linked Data. Awarded at the QALD-6 Task3 Challenge, with a 2nd place in its category.
DENIS: Dataspaces Enhancing the Next Internet in Sardinia (RAS)
PI of project Unstructured Data Integration for Dataspaces (RAS)
A predictive system aimed at fighting against tax evasion in VAT domain
Ubiquitous Knowledge Discovery (WG5: Privacy and Security)
Geographic Privacy-aware Knowledge Discovery and Delivery
Italian Project on Geographic Privacy-aware Knowledge Discovery and Delivery (MIUR COFIN2004)
- P3D - Privacy Preserving Pattern Discovery
A “Curiosity Driven and Independent Research” ISTI Internal Project
Knowledge Discovery in Databases Markup Language
Data analysis of Click Streams